Saturday 7 April 2012

A-Z Challenge: G is for GeneaBloggers

Calling all those who blog about genealogy!  GeneaBloggers is a very important link you should put in your Contacts/Bookmarks/Favourites right now.  It calls itself 'the genealogical community's resource for genealogy blogging', but that title doesn't do it justice. 

GeneaBloggers is run by Thomas MacEntee (I expect you have heard of him) and is so much more than a bunch of useful links.  Here is a snippet from their home page:

"Blogs listed at GeneaBloggers are selected based on content and ability to move the "genealogy conversation" forward."

There are memes, challenges, lists by country (it's international) and state, links to GeneaBloggers Radio, blog resources (design, templates, editing photos, blog publishing, improving your blog and many more), upcoming events, webinars (Thomas MacEntee does a lot of these, and he is an excellent speaker) - I still haven't managed to look through all the pages on the website.

GeneaBloggers describes itself as "a fast-growing community of like-minded bloggers who are always ready to lend a hand to new GeneaBloggers members".  Well worth a visit!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ros, first time visitor and great to meet you! Sounds like a great link. I'll check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have never heard of this, but then again my explorations into my own geneolgoy are primitive at best.
    I will check out that site though.

    I am trying to read all the A to Z blogs, but coming back to the ones I really like.
    Looking forward to seeing what you do all month!

    Tim
    The Other Side
    The Freedom of Nonbelief

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am a new follower from the A to Z challenge. I have always been fascinated by genealogy, but have yet to find the time to properly explore it. Thank you for the recommendation to GeneaBloggers.

    I have spent a small amount of time try to trace the origin of the surname "Carby". My ex-husband's family name is Carby and the same for my children. They have often asked me about their heritage on their dad's side of the family. I have googled it and have been unable to find the origin of the name. It remains a mystery

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it hadn't been for Geneabloggers, I probably would not have stuck with blogging about my family history research. Great site. Great AtoZ post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower from the AtoZ Challenge. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post. Nice to meet you.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not into Genealogy but I'll take a look at that website just to see what it's all about.

    ~Nicole
    Blog: The Madlab Post
    @MadlabPost on Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.

You Might Also Be Interested In

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive