(means I work with technical manuals rather than fiction).
I have been researching my family tree for 35 years, and am the Online Parish Clerk (OPC) for Ottery St Mary, Devon.
I have volunteered as a Family History Consultant/Specialist at several LDS (Mormon) Family History Centres. I have also served as an indexer for FreeBMD and FamilySearch, transcriber for the 1881 census in its first CD form, and have transcribed Ottery's 1700 census for GenUKI. But there's always more to know and do!
My family names come mostly from Devon and Cornwall with a little Warwickshire and Sussex thrown in for good measure. Occupations range from shipwrights to silk weavers via chimney sweeps and the ever-present agricultural labourers
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.
You Might Also Be Interested In
The further back in time you go (in parish records, that is), the less and less they seem to think of women. Children are baptised as t...
I'm still tracing those nonconformist Protestant Dissenter ancestors of mine, and when we last met them, they were being fined for b...
If you haven't heard of these before, don't worry. They are tucked away at Kew (in class IR 58). They cover the years 1910-191...
Have you heard of the FamilySearch Wiki? I had, but assumed it was not much more than a blog. But actually it is so much more. You go ...
This isn't a post with a strange word you never heard of that starts with 'X'. Nor is it a post about a word which just hap...
- A-Z Challenge 2016: X is for Making Your Mark
- A-Z Challenge 2016: W is for Wiki on FamilySearch
- A-Z Challenge 2016: V is for Valuation Office Fiel...
- A-Z Challenge 2016: U is for Uxor
- A-Z Challenge 2016: T is for Toleration Act
- A-Z Challenge 2016: S is for Sacrament Certificate...
- A-Z Challenge 2016: R is for Recusant Rolls
- A-Z Challenge 2016: Q is for Quarter Sessions
- A-Z Challenge 2016: P is for Private Baptism
- A-Z Challenge 2016: O is for Outlawry
- A-Z Challenge 2016: N is for Negative Proof
- A-Z Challenge 2016: M is for Marriage Banns, Licen...
- A-Z Challenge 2016: L is for Local History
- A-Z Challenge 2016: K is for Knight Service
- A-Z Challenge 2016: J is for Jacobite
- A-Z Challenge 2016: I is for Immigration v Emigrat...
- A-Z Challenge 2016: H is for Hamlet
- A-Z Challenge 2016: G is for Google Books
- A-Z Challenge 2016: F is for Family History
- A-Z Challenge 2016: E is for Esquire
- A-Z Challenge 2016: D is for Datestone
- A-Z Challenge 2016: C is for Chapman Codes
- A-Z Challenge 2016: B is for Blog
- A-Z Challenge 2016: A is for And We're Off!
- ▼ April (24)
- ► 2015 (28)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (73)
- ► 2012 (59)
- ► 2011 (53)