Friday 1 April 2016

A-Z Challenge 2016: A is for And We're Off!

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com
The fifth year for this blog in the A-Z Challenge.  In case you were unaware: the A-Z Challenge is held every year during April.  Participating blog authors choose topics for brief posts EVERY DAY, taking the alphabet for their writing prompts.  It's such fun! This blog is devoted to genealogy, so  my A-Z theme has always been genealogy in some form or another.  For the past couple of years I have taken great pleasure in researching genealogical trivia for my posts (such as C is for Corpse Way, E is for Englishry, F is for Farthing, I is for Infant Mortality).  This year will be no different.

Just some of the topics I have lined up: O is for Outlawry, R is for Recusant Rolls, T is for Toleration Act. It seems that the further you dig, the more there is to discover.  Originally, this blog was meant for recording any anecdotes of my own ancestors.  Well, I've written down all the ones I can actually remember, so perhaps now is the time to change the focus of this blog.  Oh, I don't mean away from genealogy - but I have enjoyed the 'genealogy trivia' so much that maybe that will feature more heavily from now on.

Anyway, back to the A-Z Challenge - how about a graphic which tells you all about when I am supposed to be writing?





























© 2016 Ros Haywood. All Rights Reserved

21 comments:

  1. And we're off! is right. This is my first AtoZ, can't imagine doing it five years - but you never know :)
    Rosa
    @RosaT_Author
    Rosa Temple writes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beauty of 5 years is that you can find new ways to challenge yourself. All the best for your first A-Z!

      Delete
  2. I look forward to reading more genealogy trivia, Ros

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are off and running! I am looking forward to your posts for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ros - enjoy .. and I shall be back to read them .. the sorts of words and history that I love .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another words-and-history lover! Looking forward to it all.

      Delete
  5. Yes, we most certainly are. Have a blast with it!


    Thank you for posting for the A to Z!
    Ninga Minion @YolandaRenee from
    Defending The Pen
    Parallels
    Murderous Imaginings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Looking forward to the Challenge.

      Delete
  6. Off to a great start! Looking forward to the genealogy trivia.

    Best,
    Nilanjana
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to reading more of your A to Z Challenge posts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvellous who one finds here at the A-Z challenge.... I didn't know that you blogged.Hoping to learn lot from you Ros as we journey through April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jill - good to see you! Yes, amazing who we find. All the best for the Challenge.

      Delete
  9. Awesome, Ace and Absolutely!!!
    Hi Ros - I've been looking forward all year to another of your A to Z Challenges - I always learn so much :)
    Pempi
    A Stormy’s Sidekick
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a nice compliment - thank you! All the best for another year!

      Delete
  10. Ros, I have been discovering that you have many hidden talents ! This challenge tempted me late last night while reading yours on the kindle so I guess I am kind of "in" . Good heavens, I have not blogged in earnest in 2 years so it will be a real challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best, then! Have you chosen yourself a theme yet? :o) (at a guess, it might have something to do with genealogy LOL)

      Delete
  11. I could not refrain from commenting. Well written!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.

You Might Also Be Interested In

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive