I always get this mixed up - and I live here!
The full name is "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland", which is England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
To include Southern Ireland, you need to talk about the British Isles.
One thing which frequently annoys me about various sites on the Internet is when you come to a drop-down menu (either for a search term or for payment/address details). I have only ever seen one site use the term "England". Otherwise, I live in the "United Kingdom". Doesn't seem to matter that I am English, looking for an English ancestor who did not live in Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland or anywhere else.
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.
You Might Also Be Interested In
Today's "Way Back Wednesday" post is about my gggg grandparents. All I know about them are their names and the date they marr...
I have to keep to a routine. I have four surname studies, one One-Place study, ten websites/blogs, my own genealogy, a Facebook group - a...
I grew up with artificial trees, so it was natural when I left home and set up my own flat to have an artificial tree myself (and all of m...
It's not very often I find a new surname and can insert it into my family tree. So I was delighted to search through findmypast.com and...
Thomas MacEntee's proposal of a Genealogy Do-Over starting 2 January 2015 and continuing for 13 weeks is one which has captured the im...
- ► 2015 (28)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (73)
- A-Z Challenge: Z is for ZZZZs
- A-Z Challenge: Y is for Yeoman
- A-Z Challenge: X is for eXtreme Genealogy
- A-Z Challenge: W is for Window Tax
- A-Z Challenge: V is for Villein
- A-Z Challenge: U is for United Kingdom
- A-Z Challenge: T is for Time Immemorial
- A-Z Challenge: S is for Scanfest
- A-Z Challenge: R is for Ragged Schools
- A-Z Challenge: Q is for Quarter Days
- A-Z Challenge: P is for Plymouth
- A-Z Challenge: O is for Online Parish Clerk
- A-Z Challenge: N is for Noble
- A-Z Challenge: M is for Monumental Inscription
- A-Z Challenge: L is for Lammas
- A-Z Challenge: K is for King's Evil
- A-Z Challenge: J is for Journeyman
- A-Z Challenge: I is for Indenture
- A-Z Challenge: H is for Hiring Fairs
- A-Z Challenge: G is for GeneaBloggers
- A-Z Challenge: F is for Franking of Letters
- A-Z Challenge: E is for Englishry
- A-Z Challenge: D is for Daughter-in-Law
- A-Z Challenge: C is for Certificates
- A-Z Challenge: B is for Brickmaking
- A-Z Challenge: A is for April's A-Z Challenge
- ▼ April (26)
- ► 2011 (53)