Friday 4 March 2011

Fearless Females: Scanning for Girls

I am participating in the Fearless Females theme for 
National Women's History Month 
Do you have marriage records for your grandparents or great-grandparents? Write a post about where they were married and when.

Yes, I have a marriage certificate scanned for one set of grandparents.  Yes, I have marriage certificates for great-grandparents - but they are sitting neatly in folders and not scanned.  Geneabloggers.com promotes a once-a-month event called Scanfest, where (as Thomas MacEntee says) "geneabloggers, family historians, and family archivists meet online here at [the ancestories] blog to chat while they scan their precious family documents and photos."
And guess what?  When I came to write my post for today's entry in the Fearless Females theme, I found that almost-unheard of thing: everything was put away nicely.  Oh, and by the way - not scanned for immediate use.  I missed Scanfest in February (I find this often happens when translating timezones from the US to the UK).  It's usually the last Sunday in the month, but in March we in the UK will change our clocks, so I hope I can work out when I am supposed to be there! If not, I will at least make a date with myself to do some scanning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.

You Might Also Be Interested In

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive