I am participating in the Fearless Females theme to honour National Women's History Month. Today we were asked what role religion played in our families; as far back as I have researched on the MURCH line, women either married into a Nonconformist religious atmosphere, or were searching for the truth themselves. Here they are in Ottery St Mary, Bovey Tracey, and Chudleigh (all in Devon), beginning with my th great-grandmother::
Elizabeth Bastin: bap , married Gideon Murch July
Margaret Marshall,: b abt , mar Samuel Murch, previously married Richard Littley (very religious family who appear regularly in the Nonconformist records) on December
Eleanor Bending: bur , married to Samuel Murch March (nd wife after Margaret died)
Mary Bending: baptised on Boxing Day , married Samuel Murch September
Johanna Yeates married Samuel Murch August
Johanna Murch and John Haywood, married September in Independent Meeting House, Ottery St Mary
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (73)
- ► 2012 (59)
- Fearless Females: Emma Elizabeth Dunstone AVERY - ...
- Fearless Females: The Brickwall Belles
- Fearless Females: Thomasine Dunstone AVERY in six ...
- 1700 census Ottery St Mary
- My First Award
- Fearless Females: Audrey Ball HAYWOOD outside the ...
- Fearless Females: Generations of religious women i...
- Fearless Females: Audrey Ball HAYWOOD's Boiled Cak...
- Fearless Females: Elsie Beatrice BLAGDON
- 1841 census: I've started!
- Fearless Females: Scanning for Girls
- Fearless Females: Rosamund and Loveday
- Fearless Females: Minda Mary Edgcombe BALL
- Fearless Females: Johanna Yates MURCH
- ▼ March (14)
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.
You Might Also Be Interested In
I hate actively dislike Evernote. There, I've said it. I started off several years ago with stacks and notebooks and a few ta...
Thomas MacEntee's proposal of a Genealogy Do-Over starting 2 January 2015 and continuing for 13 weeks is one which has captured the im...
Like others, I got excited at the prospect of Thomas MacEntee's 'Genealogy Do-Over' , and immediately flung myself into the fir...