Tuesday 30 April 2013

A-Z Challenge 2013: Z is for Zachariah Hellier

Zachariah HELLIER is the latest addition to my family tree.  Well, I say 'addition' - he was born in around 1790, and married my paternal great great great great grandmother in 1852, so the only way he is an 'addition' is because I have only just found him.

Zachariah is described as a millwright in the 1861 census, living in St Saviour's Place, Ottery St Mary, Devon with my ancestress, Elizabeth, and Elizabeth's granddaughter, Anna Maria HAYWOOD.  The same house he lived in with his first wife, Susana - and the same house he lived in with his two younger sisters, Mary and Johanna.  I wonder if he was born there and raised there?

Is he a familiar name to anybody out there?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Ros, on completing the A-Z Challenge. I have enjoyed following your postings. Names in my family are all rather ordinary and Zachariah is a great name to conjure up Dickensian images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you as well! lovely photos on your blog. Wish I was as talented. See you next year! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. Please go to my blog for details. www.ramblingsbyrebecka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary. I like the way you have divided your tags between surnames and locations. I've been a member for about eight months.

    Regards, Grant

    http://thestephensherwoodletters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.

You Might Also Be Interested In

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive