Saturday 1 January 2011

Surname Saturday: Wood and Taylor

My 5th great grandfather was called Nicholas WOOD.  I don't know any biographical details about him, but Nicholas has one 'claim to fame'.  He was married to Elizabeth TAYLOR.

Yes, fact fans, I have Elizabeth Taylor in my family tree.  No, not the actress, but someone far more precious to me.  My great great great great great grandmother.  I have calculated that she was born in the early 1730s (ish) and was probably married in about 1748.

Both Nicholas and Elizabeth need much more research.  Where to look for such early ancestors?  All their children were born in Charleton, Devon, so it's a distinct possibility that they were married there - even born there themselves.  Don't you just love a challenge? *rubs hands with gleeful anticipation*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.

You Might Also Be Interested In

Total Pageviews