The Western Times, 16 April 1913: Sad Occurrence: Bovey Funeral Followed by Widow's Death
The funeral took place on Monday of Mr Albion Haywood, of Pottery [my ggg uncle]. Deceased was carried into the Baptist Chapel and interred at the cemetery. The chief mourners were Mr Norman Haywood, Mr Edgar Haywood (sons), Mrs French (sister), Mr John Haywood, Mr H Haywood (brothers), Mrs J Haywood, Mrs H Haywood (sisters-in-law), Mr and Mrs Clampitt, Miss Vera Haywood, Miss Pearse and Mr Boyne. A good number of club members attended to show their last token of respect. Rev. J R Way conducted the service. There were several beautiful wreaths.
The widow, Mrs Albion Haywood, died yesterday morning. Much sympathy is expressed for the two sons in their double bereavement in less than a week.
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.
- ► 2015 (28)
- ► 2014 (54)
- On This Day: 30 October
- Thankful Thursday: William Tyndale and his Bible
- Way Back Wednesday: Samuel AVERY and Jane BIRCHALL...
- Tuesday's Tip: Note the Neighbours
- Motivation Monday: Grandparents
- Sunday's Obituary: Albion and Elizabeth Charlotte ...
- Thomas Francis BUCKINGHAM, born 1880
- Thankful Thursday: I'm Glad I'm Modern
- Way Back Wednesday: Ralph LEY and Martha MILLS
- Tuesday's Tip: Always Cite Your Sources
- Motivation Monday: Setting Genealogy Goals
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2012 (59)
- ► 2011 (53)