I just loved this newspaper advert which I stumbled upon quite by accident while looking for something else! If you are a fan of "Lark Rise to Candleford", and know who Miss Pearl and Miss Ruby are, then you will also enjoy this snippet about my Miss Emily.
From "The Western Times", published in Exeter, Devon - Saturday 12 April 1884:
This is mt great great great aunt Emily Murch, born 1837 in Ottery St Mary, Devon. She is my current shining star as detailed in today's Fearless Females posting:
Once again, in honour of National Women’s History Month, Lisa Alzo of The Accidental Genealogist blog presents Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women’s History Month.
18 — Shining star: Did you have a female ancestor who had a special
talent? Artist, singer, actress, athlete, seamstress, or other?
- ► 2014 (51)
- ► 2013 (73)
- Fearless Females 18: Miss Murch begs to announce.....
- Fearless Females 14: Ancestor fined for assault
- Fearless Females 12: Audrey Ball HAYWOOD outside t...
- Fearless Females 11: Amanda Died Young
- Fearless Females 10: Minda EDGCOMBE's Religion
- Fearless Females 9: Minda's Baptismal Certificate
- Sunday's Obituary: Samuel MURCH
- Fearless Females 3: Rabage BEERE and Beaton DOWNE
- Fearless Females 2: May and Ena Edgcombe
- Family History Writing Challenge: The End
- ▼ March (10)
- ► 2011 (53)
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.
You Might Also Be Interested In
I have been looking forward to today's ACCM post, because last year I found an absolutely wonderful picture (thanks, Facebook!), which ...
I grew up with artificial trees, so it was natural when I left home and set up my own flat to have an artificial tree myself (and all of m...
My memories of Christmas TV and movies when I was a child - I don't have them. One of the strongest traditions in our family was that ...