Saturday 7 January 2012

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy Week 1: Blogs

The blog I am most thankful for? Genealogy's Star, by James Tanner.  What am I talking about?  Amy Coffin's latest "52 Weeks..." series, described here at geneabloggers.com; here is Week 1's prompt:

Blogging is a great way for genealogists to share information with family members, potential cousins and each other.  For which blog are you most thankful for?  Is it one of the earliest blogs you read, or a current one?  What is special about the blog and why should others read it?

James Tanner's Genealogy's Star was one of the first blogs I read when I was beginning to write my own and wondering what to say.  He always has pithy opinions on genealogical matters, and always makes me think right down to his last full stop (or period, since he is American).

An official Rootstech blogger, he has written a wonderful guide to FamilySearch and his knowledge is something which makes me look up to him (albeit in a long-distance sort of way).  I hope I can be as good as him some day!  I would recommend that others read his posts to find out what a good blog looks like.

1 comment:

  1. James Tanner's blog is fabulous. Good choice! Thanks for participating in the Abundant Genealogy series.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.

You Might Also Be Interested In

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive