Friday, 13 August 2010
Follow Friday: The Domesday Book on National Archives
National Archives says: "Domesday Book is a detailed survey of the land held by William the Conqueror and his people, the earliest surviving public record, and a hugely important historical resource." The National Archives microsite for the Domesday Book has a search facility for you to look for a mention of your own town or village (or where your ancestors came from); information on the Book itself; information on what life was like when the Book was being written; games and quizzes; and resources for teachers and students, including video clips.
- ► 2013 (73)
- ► 2012 (59)
- ► 2011 (53)
- Maritime Monday: The Good Guys
- Surname Saturday: Elliott
- Maritime Monday: More Fair Hair and Blue Eyes
- Surname Saturday: Brooke
- Follow Friday: Reading old handwriting
- Surname Saturday: Lethbridge
- Follow Friday: The Domesday Book on National Archi...
- Maritime Monday: From Carpenter to Shipwright
- Surname Saturday: Dunstone
- Follow Friday: War Memorials on Devon Heritage.org...
- ▼ August (10)
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.